• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Parkers Chapel football ?

Started by MrThunder2004, January 31, 2006, 10:42:59 am

Previous topic - Next topic

MrThunder2004

Does anybody have anything on Parkers Chapel ? How are they doing in off-season and how many they got in ? does anybody have a clue ?

Wilson

Yes I have plenty on Parkers Chapel and I am waiting on the administrations response to my demands on wheather or not I go to the media with what I know.    They say them folks have money.   Well I am about to find out how much they have. ;)

kav

All I know about PC is they have a JV team (I thinkt hey are the only AA school with one to) that has played the scrubs that never get to play from other teams so they think they are the business (or at least the parents I've talked to do). I also know that there are quite a few folks in the 7AA East that is looking forward to "welcoming" PC to football. :)

snooplaw

Quote from: Wilson on February 05, 2006, 09:21:14 am
Yes I have plenty on Parkers Chapel and I am waiting on the administrations response to my demands on wheather or not I go to the media with what I know. They say them folks have money. Well I am about to find out how much they have. ;)
Chapel starting up their program is gonna cut into Junction's talent base, huh?

MrThunder2004

It would be something if Parkers Chapel make the playoffs in 2006, but who knows what will happen. I talked to couple of people around the area. They saying that Parkers Chapel football team is going be like how west-side was. I agree with them because Parkers Chapel don't really know that much about football here it is 2006, and just now starting to field football teams. If they would had started a football team in the 70's or 80's they would be a good football team right about now. It will take time to build a football program, its not going to form over night. Only time will tell about this PC football program. What are they going make of it.

amehr36

Quote from: Snoopdawg on February 07, 2006, 02:19:59 pm
Yes I have plenty on Parkers Chapel and I am waiting on the administrations response to my demands on wheather or not I go to the media with what I know. They say them folks have money. Well I am about to find out how much they have. ;)

I dont believe anyone would be dumb enough to go from JC football to PC football...

snooplaw

Isn't Parker's Chapel the Trojans, with a mascot like that, obviously, they plan on "scoring" a lot. ;)

Stevo50

Quote from: MrThunder2004 on February 08, 2006, 11:02:54 am
It would be something if Parkers Chapel make the playoffs in 2006, but who knows what will happen. I talked to couple of people around the area. They saying that Parkers Chapel football team is going be like how west-side was. I agree with them because Parkers Chapel don't really know that much about football here it is 2006, and just now starting to field football teams. If they would had started a football team in the 70's or 80's they would be a good football team right about now. It will take time to build a football program, its not going to form over night. Only time will tell about this PC football program. What are they going make of it.

They did not start a football team in the 70's or 80's because they probably only had 30 guys total in the 10th - 12th grades.  That school grew a lot in the late 80's to mid 90's.  Probably about 95' they looked into getting a football program started, beginning with the 7th grade class.  But there was a lot of money being spent on new buildings to accommodate the growth.  They finally started a 7th grade program I think in 01' or 02' and have worked that class up every year until next year they will be ready to go with a varsity team.  They probably avg 70 - 100 boys in high school now. 

I agree it will take sometime for them to compete.  I feel bad for all the guys who missed out on football, but its better late than never.

JCDRAGON0304

Parker's Chapel might not score this year.........

TomThumb

Listen to this guy PC fans......He knows exactly what its like to not score....

I predict PC may actually win a game or two in their first season. Should be able to play with Hermitage and Hampton, maybe with Strong, probably not with Norphlet and Bearden, and definitly not with JC. Probably win one in NC and one in conf. Not bad for first year.

hothands

ya contender i hate that i missed out on playin pc....one year to old never got to play em in football

MrThunder2004

Quote from: Contender on February 08, 2006, 04:15:41 pm
Quote from: MrThunder2004 on February 08, 2006, 11:02:54 am

They did not start a football team in the 70's or 80's because they probably only had 30 guys total in the 10th - 12th grades.  That school grew a lot in the late 80's to mid 90's.  Probably about 95' they looked into getting a football program started, beginning with the 7th grade class.  But there was a lot of money being spent on new buildings to accommodate the growth.  They finally started a 7th grade program I think in 01' or 02' and have worked that class up every year until next year they will be ready to go with a varsity team.  They probably avg 70 - 100 boys in high school now. 

I agree it will take sometime for them to compete.  I feel bad for all the guys who missed out on football, but its better late than never.

You didn't read what I said. I said IF they started. I know they didn't started. Im just saying IF they would had started one in the 70's or 80's they would be a pretty good team right about now.

amehr36

Heres a serious question...why is it that PC's bball team isnt doing as well as usal...does this have anything to do with football??

I think the Basketball team is just in a cycle where they just don't have any height in grades 10 - 12. I saw them play JC, they are real small but play with alot of heart. The team to watch is the baseball team, Loaded for next 3 or 4 years!!

Wilson

Quote from: Snoopdawg on February 07, 2006, 02:19:59 pm

Twas a joke there snoop......of course you know that.

snooplaw

Well, just in case, wait.. doesn't Junction have a player named Justin Case? ;)

Super Scrapper

They may have money but that doesn't mean they will spend it on football.   They have made those promises

before and didn't follow through.   :)  SS

Go Scrappers

jay2000

parkers chapel had graduating classes of 30-40 until the mid 90s when it got in the 50s. by the late 90s they were graduating 60-70.  i thought it was stupid not to have football when you could have 40+ kids come out for the team.

in the mid 90s norphlet and strong were fielding teams of 15-20, everyone knew pc could field a team of at least twice that many. pc never has GREAT athletes, but usually has great size. ive been gone for 10 years now, i dont know who their coach is, but he will have plenty to work with.

it took the basketball coach 5 years before he figured out how to win, but the potential was always there. football will be the same way.

wildcat_x-mgr

Anyone know who Parker's Chapel will play in nonconference?

Kaleb_QB8

Parkers Chapel was a lame excuse for a football team when we played them in JV... They had no class, played dirty, and then picked on the meantally impaired kid on our team... Parkers Chapel probably had 1 or 2, at the most, good players but they would run 30 yards behind the line of scrimmage and across the field to try and gain a yard and usually they would lose 10 or so...

seark66

Warren played Parkers Chapel in a "B" game year before last. The Trojans weren't that bad. I hope they come out and do well.

bluecat4

my dad always told me: if you dont have anything to say, dont say anything at all. if you dont like pc or dont know anything about us then shut the heck up. i dare everyone who said pc sucks to TRY and prove it by beating the crap out of them. and kaleb_fs8 you can kiss my shiny white rear. we were picking on a meantly impaired kid????what the heck are you talking about?? the water boy??crap you all were 5A we were a 2A new JV team and you all had about 16 starter from your camden game i saw them.if you dont like what im saying then i dare you to show use that we suck. yes we are new and not very experienced, but we could kick of kicked our butts if we had experience with the passing game. i played for el dorado so i was the only one with experience. no class??? i got punched in the helmat in a dermont scrimage and about 15 personal fouls were thrown on them for that same thing. i think i hacked them off cause it was my second intro. and we suck???i almost got one agains you all kaleb_fs8. the ground knocked it out. now who sucks???I dare everyone to try and prove that we suck.

bluecat4

we play cotton valley, merfessboro, and smackover(more like a smackdown as in we're going to kick rear)

Kaleb_QB8

Quote from: bluecat4 on February 13, 2006, 05:36:09 pm
my dad always told me: if you dont have anything to say, dont say anything at all. if you dont like pc or dont know anything about us then shut the heck up. i dare everyone who said pc sucks to TRY and prove it by beating the crap out of them. and kaleb_fs8 you can kiss my shiny white butt. we were picking on a meantly impaired kid????what the heck are you talking about?? the water boy??crap you all were 5A we were a 2A new JV team and you all had about 16 starter from your camden game i saw them.if you dont like what im saying then i dare you to show use that we suck. yes we are new and not very experienced, but we could kick of kicked our butts if we had experience with the passing game. i played for el dorado so i was the only one with experience. no class??? i got punched in the helmat in a dermont scrimage and about 15 personal fouls were thrown on them for that same thing. i think i hacked them off cause it was my second intro. and we suck???i almost got one agains you all kaleb_fs8. the ground knocked it out. now who sucks???I dare everyone to try and prove that we suck.

Almost don't count... And I did get one agaisnt y'all... It was a jump ball and I beat the two 6'2" guys on y'alls team and I'm only 5'7", yea that's bad... We did not have 16 starters from the Camden game... Our QB was not the starting QB, the FB wasn't the starting running back, NONE of our recievers were starting recievers and the safties and a corner, and a lineback, and all the linemen but 2 did not start... So we had 5 starters start and play one quarter... After that we put everyone else in, and those 5 are all SOPH's... And yes on the last play of the game we put out the mentally impaired kid on our team because he practices with us all summer and when the game is out of reach we put him in... But we put him 40 freaking yards off the LOS and y'alls JA of a TE goes and RUNS down the field and pushes him down and then says "sit down b*****" after he does it... And you say y'all have class... We did not have expiernce with the passing game, it was the first year we passed more than 10 times in a game and most the night we ran it because y'all couldnt stop it... We either ran a blast, or ran a screen to the WR... So don't say we had expiernce when we didn't even open up or offense... And after about every play y'all would either rip off someones helment, late hit, or cuss at someone... So give me a break

woodlawndad

Quote from: bluecat4 on February 13, 2006, 05:36:09 pm
my dad always told me: if you dont have anything to say, dont say anything at all. if you dont like pc or dont know anything about us then shut the heck up. i dare everyone who said pc sucks to TRY and prove it by beating the crap out of them. and kaleb_fs8 you can kiss my shiny white butt.  we were picking on a meantly impaired kid????what the heck are you talking about?? the water boy??crap you all were 5A we were a 2A new JV team and you all had about 16 starter from your camden game i saw them.if you dont like what im saying then i dare you to show use that we suck. yes we are new and not very experienced, but we could kick of kicked our butts if we had experience with the passing game. i played for el dorado so i was the only one with experience. no class??? i got punched in the helmat in a dermont scrimage and about 15 personal fouls were thrown on them for that same thing. i think i hacked them off cause it was my second intro. and we suck???i almost got one agains you all kaleb_fs8. the ground knocked it out. now who sucks???I dare everyone to try and prove that we suck.

You sure you're not the MEANTLY Impaired kid ? ? ? ? ?             

hothands

JC will prove to you that you suck...

Lord Infamous™

Kaleb_QB8

Quote from: Lord Infamous™ on February 14, 2006, 09:51:01 am
Quote from: hothands on February 14, 2006, 09:40:44 am
Yes we will.

We already beat y'all... And if I'm the mentally impaired kid then PC REALLY sucks because I had a interception and 9 tackles in that game

Lord Infamous™

Quote from: Kaleb_FS8 on February 14, 2006, 12:19:40 pm
Quote from: Lord Infamous™ on February 14, 2006, 09:51:01 am
Quote from: hothands on February 14, 2006, 09:40:44 am
Yes we will.

We already beat y'all... And if I'm the mentally impaired kid then PC REALLY sucks because I had a interception and 9 tackles in that game
I don't understand your post....I dont think ya'll played us....or maybe your post wasnt directed to me?

Kaleb_QB8

We played Parkers Chapel this past year... Yes we did play y'all...

Lord Infamous™

Quote from: Kaleb_FS8 on February 15, 2006, 08:21:36 am
When?

MrThunder2004

Parkers Chapel will end the 2006 season at 2-8 or 1-9. It all depends on the players they have and how much they know the game of football. They are a young team. Who knows what will happen.

Juice-Man

Sheridan never played JC.  You must think he's from PC.  "P" and "J" are two very different letters my friend.  Anyways, I don't see Parkers Chapel being good at all.  They'll be another West Side and shut football down, then they'll shut the school down and force all the little rich kids to go to El Dorado where their parents will be afraid that their little "Preston" or "Kyle" will get shot.

MrThunder2004

Quote from: Chamillionaire on February 15, 2006, 01:35:58 pm
Sheridan never played JC. You must think he's from PC. "P" and "J" are two very different letters my friend. Anyways, I don't see Parkers Chapel being good at all. They'll be another West Side and shut football down, then they'll shut the school down and force all the little rich kids to go to El Dorado where their parents will be afraid that their little "Preston" or "Kyle" will get shot.

Parkers Chapel won't shut down, and they will not be forced to go to El Dorado. Have you seen their numbers lately ?

You just got to look at it this way. El Dorado has a lot of great players on the football team some of them will end up leaving El Dorado to go to play for Parkers Chapel.

Parkers Chapel will have a couple of bad years to start. They may win two games in 2006. When you start a new team you going start off pretty bad because its more of a learning experience for them because football is new to them. They will start off bad at first, but they will improve and be a better football team. Its sad that they are just starting to field a football team. If they would had field a team back in the 80's they would be pretty good about now because most of the kids from El Dorado would end up at Parkers Chapel. I played football at El Dorado. The only reason why I went to El Dorado was to play football thats it. I wanted to go to PC but they didn't have a football team. I know a lot of good players from the past that used to play at El Dorado. They said the same thing what I said. If Parkers Chapel had a football team thats where they would go play.

Give Parkers Chapel couple of years. Let them work out the problems. One they got things worked out they will be the next power house team in Union County. Next to El Dorado and JC.

snooplaw

Quote from: MrThunder2004 on February 15, 2006, 10:55:29 pm
Sheridan never played JC. You must think he's from PC. "P" and "J" are two very different letters my friend. Anyways, I don't see Parkers Chapel being good at all. They'll be another West Side and shut football down, then they'll shut the school down and force all the little rich kids to go to El Dorado where their parents will be afraid that their little "Preston" or "Kyle" will get shot.

Parkers Chapel won't shut down, and they will not be forced to go to El Dorado. Have you seen their numbers lately ?

You just got to look at it this way. El Dorado has a lot of great players on the football team some of them will end up leaving El Dorado to go to play for Parkers Chapel.

Parkers Chapel will have a couple of bad years to start. They may win two games in 2006. When you start a new team you going start off pretty bad because its more of a learning experience for them because football is new to them. They will start off bad at first, but they will improve and be a better football team. Its sad that they are just starting to field a football team. If they would had field a team back in the 80's they would be pretty good about now because most of the kids from El Dorado would end up at Parkers Chapel. I played football at El Dorado. The only reason why I went to El Dorado was to play football thats it. I wanted to go to PC but they didn't have a football team. I know a lot of good players from the past that used to play at El Dorado. They said the same thing what I said. If Parkers Chapel had a football team thats where they would go play.

Give Parkers Chapel couple of years. Let them work out the problems. One they got things worked out they will be the next power house team in Union County. Next to El Dorado and JC.

Yeah, a lot of guys that would play for Junction will probably play for Parker's Chapel instead.

Lord Infamous™

Quote from: Snoopdawg on February 16, 2006, 05:07:27 am
Quote from: MrThunder2004 on February 15, 2006, 10:55:29 pm

Yeah, a lot of guys that would play for Junction will probably play for Parker's Chapel instead.
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Wilson

One thing that everyone is overlooking........just who considers Eldorado a power house team?

snooplaw

Quote from: bluecat4 on February 13, 2006, 05:40:35 pm
we play cotton valley, merfessboro, and smackover(more like a smackdown as in we're going to kick butt)

Is Parker Chapel still a JV team ?  I see where you're playing Merfessboro(Murfreesboro), them Snakes is rough on JV teams.

Wilson

Nope supposed to be a full Varsity squad this year........

Will be interesting to see how they do........all jokes aside.     They did do well as a JV squad last year and confidence helps.....cause to be honest they are going to need all the help they can get.     Now if they get 4 or 5 quality transfers from Eldo high that will help......PC will look better to some of those kids that would not consider going there in the past....now that they have a varsity football team.

Juice-Man

Quote from: Wilson on February 16, 2006, 11:12:35 pm
One thing that everyone is overlooking........just who considers Eldorado a power house team?
That's exactly what I was thinking when I read his post.  Parkers Chapel will more than likely get a lot of El Dorado kids because the Wildcats form of winning a game includes not getting a safety scored on them.  They might actually know what it's like to win a game if they go to PC.  Then again, who am I kidding?

amehr36

El Dorado sucks....oh wait since this thread is about PC replace El Dorado with Parkers Chapel and what i said still holds true.

Juice-Man

I was just browsing around the internet and found out some interesting information on Parkers Chapel High School in comparison to the high school I graduated from (Bernice, LA).  Parkers Chapel's ethnic background is 96% Caucasian, 3% African American, 1% Hispanic, and 1% Asian.  Bernice's ethnic background is 61% African American, 25% Hispanic, 13% Caucasian, and 1% Asian.  Parkers Chapel gets money out the ying yang from the state and Bernice gets barely enough for one middle-class worker's income.  Yet, Bernice has had a football program since the 60's with barely enough players to field a team.  They never really had a winning record until last year.  So what does that tell you about Parkers Chapel?

wildcat_x-mgr

Smackover and Murfreesboro will be tough, but I've never even heard of Cotton Valley. That a team in Louisiana? Or maybe a class A JV team? Or both?

Juice-Man

Smackover is in 3A now.  Cotton Valley is between Minden and Shreveport.  Town is no bigger than Junction City.

wildcat_x-mgr

Thanks, Chamillionaire. I knew Smackover was now in AAA, cause they'll be in the same conference as my Wildcats.

Wilson

To be honest Juice CV is not as big as JC as crazy as that sounds... ;D

and Bernice used to have some good football teams ....yeeeeears ago.  Like back in the 70's and early 80's.   We used to have some real good games with them......Our games with Bernice and Homer used to be real big back in that time period.

Juice-Man

Yea that's what everybody tells me.  But I just can't see Bernice being good at any time.  Half of the team are grandparents.

MrThunder2004

Quote from: Chamillionaire on February 18, 2006, 03:07:45 am
Quote from: Wilson on February 16, 2006, 11:12:35 pm
That's exactly what I was thinking when I read his post. Parkers Chapel will more than likely get a lot of El Dorado kids because the Wildcats form of winning a game includes not getting a safety scored on them. They might actually know what it's like to win a game if they go to PC. Then again, who am I kidding?

When I was still playing for El Dorado we were good up until Coach Register left in 2003. It went down hill. I know what you are talking about. Some of these kids dont know what its like to win a conference or eight games. Its sad to see a good program like that goes down. If PC does get some of the El Dorado kids. Parkers Chapel will be pretty good, but I dont know. Things has changed a lot since I left El Dorado in 2003. Some players are acting like they know everything about football when they really dont and thats what gets them beat.

amehr36

Even when Register was there ,although better, the EHS football program never did as well as they should have.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas